Makes 6 small lamingtons
For the sponge cakes
300ml soy/rice milk
5ml apple vinegar
325g gluten free flour
10g baking powder
For the glaze
50g cacao powder
50g icing sugar
For the coating
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk soy/rice milk, apple vinegar and oil. Then, add sugar, flour and baking powder until combined.
- Lightly grease six silicon moulds.
- Using a piping bag, fill up half of each mould with cake mixture, then place a raspberry in the middle of each mould. Pipe in the rest of the cake mixture until it fills 3/4 of the height of the mould. Be careful not overfill the moulds until full.
- Bake for 30 min until golden, then set aside to cool down.
- In the meantime, make the cacao glazing in a bowl by combining sifted cacao powder and sifted icing sugar.
- Add cold water slowly and stir the mixture until the glaze has a thickened consistency.
- Dip each cooled lamington sponge into the cacao mixture and shake off any excess mixture.
- Dust each coated lamington with fine coconut and serve at room temperature.
These lamingtons can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, or you can freeze them for up to a month.
Glazed Gluten Free is a gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free kosher certified café and patisserie located at 2/1-3 Carre Street, Elsternwick. Visit glazedglutenfree.com.au.